Catering Services provides unparalleled quality catering to the Penn State Mont Alto campus community--from coffee breaks to buffets to multi-course meals to theme celebrations. Choose from our menu or let us tailor a menu to match your food service and budget needs.
For your next business meeting, luncheon, banquet, or afternoon break, contact Catering Services at 717-749-6080 or email. To ensure a successful event, please make all arrangements at least two weeks before the event.
- Housing and Food Services can provide detailed information and help you plan your catered event. Feel free to contact a manager during initial planning stages of your event for help with menu ideas and Heritage Room reservations. We do ask that you provide an approximate number of attendees and complete a campus event registration form for all events held outside of The Mill (and even some events within The Mill if outside persons will be attending and need parking).
- Catered events should be scheduled at least two weeks in advance. For any event that is scheduled less than one week before the date and time of the event, a 10 percent surcharge will be added to the total bill. For any event with less than 72 hours notice before the date and time of the event, a 25 percent surcharge will be added.
- A final count is needed 48 hours before all catered events. Any additions to that count with less than 48 hours notice will have a 20 percent surcharge added.
- In the event of a cancellation less than 48 hours before a scheduled event, 50 percent of the non-recoverable costs incurred by Food Services will be charged to the appropriate group or organization.
- There will be a $25 minimum for all catered events. The minimum for catered events held in the Heritage Room within The Mill is $50 (see item 16 below).
- There will be a 10 percent service charge added for any catered event outside of The Mill.
- For catered events that are not held on the Penn State Mont Alto campus, a service charge of $75 will be incurred.
- Per Board of Health regulations, no food may be taken from the catering site.
- No equipment, utensils, or serving ware may be taken from the catering site. In the event that any of these items are taken from the site, a $35 charge or the cost of replacement, whichever is greater, will be added to the final bill.
- The linens for any serving tables are included in the price of the items. Linens for tables for any other reason (dining, registration, etc.) will be $6 per table. This includes tablecloths, skirting, and napkins. Disposable paper tablecloths and napkins can be used at the same cost. Fresh flowers can be added to any setup for market price, plus 15 percent. We must have two weeks' notice for floral arrangements.
- Student organizations that request catering services must submit a written authorization approval from their staff or faculty advisor and must include the appropriate budget number that will be charged for the catering event. Housing and Food Services must receive approval before any services are rendered.
- If an unusual or uncontrollable circumstance arises, Food Services may make substitutions to the menu of a planned catered event. Any changes will attempt to be of comparable quality. Housing and Food Services will attempt to contact the client planning the event in advance.
- If an event starts more than 30 minutes after the scheduled start time, Food Services cannot be held responsible for the quality of the meal.
- The client will be billed for any additional labor costs incurred by an event running later than scheduled.
- The charge for attendants to clear plates at a buffet meal or for servers for a served meal is $20.00 per hour per attendant or server.
- The rental charge for the Heritage Room is $50 for up to four hours of use or $100 for four to eight hours of use without catering. Should your catering order bill meet or exceed the rental charge associated with the period of use, the rental charge will not be incurred.
- If your group or department is considering using an external catering company, please review Policy AD26 Sale of Food and Beverage at University Locations.